Convalescent Care Program
The Wedgewood Convalescent Care Program is a program for those recuperating and recovering after surgery or serious illness. Following any kind of surgery such as knee or hip, or recovering after a serious illness, you may not require hospital-level care. However, you may not be ready to return home. Many are quick to make the decision to go back home once the hospital declares you are ready to be discharged. However, that may not always be the best decision for you or your family.
There are many benefits to Convalescent Care one should consider:
- It allows you to recuperate and concentrate on your healing, without having to worry about preparation of meals, housekeeping or other stresses at home.
- A specialized Care Plan is developed for you to help regain your strength and independence.
- It is a great benefit to your loved ones, as it takes away the stresses from them for your care and allows them to provide the love and support you really need.
- Being surrounded by Nursing personnel and other caregivers in a positive and home-like environment will prove to have beneficial effects on your health.
- Learn and acquire knowledge and skills that will help you to manage your own health and hence allow you to become more self sufficient